Stephen Ministry is Christ Caring for People through People.
“Love one another…as I have loved you.” John 13:34
The Stephen Ministry program trains lay people to give distinctively Christian care to anyone in the congregation or community who are experiencing difficult times in their life.
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion.” Colossians 3:12
Stephen Ministry – Caring for others needs
When an event shakes up your world don’t go at it alone, reach out. Stephen Ministry is here to care for you no matter how big or small the situation. Please contact us so we can care for you if you are dealing with any of these or other difficult situations:
Illness/hospitalization A disabled family member
Chronic Illness Terminal Illness
An ill family member Self-esteem
Family frustrations and challenges Job loss
Moving transition Financial setbacks
Loneliness Aging and Elderly
Death or serious loss Faith Issues
Divorce Major changes in life
Pregnancy/adoption Other concerns
“Carry each others burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Stephen Ministry Increases Christian Care and Outreach
Stephen Ministers can reach more people than pastors can by themselves. A Stephen Minister is:
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
A Stephen Minister is not…
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor
How you can support the Stephen Ministry at Apostles Lutheran Church:
- Pray for the Leaders and Ministers as they provide Christian care.
- Pray for those who receive confidential care through Stephen Ministry.
- Tell Stephen Leaders about those who might benefit from care of a Stephen Minister. Get that person’s permission first.
- Tell others in our community about the care our Stephen Ministry can provide.
- Receive Stephen Ministry support when you are in need of Christian care.
How you can contact Stephen Ministry: Call the church office 623-979-3497 and request information on Stephen Ministry. You will be put in contact with a Stephen Leader.